Saturday 30 April 2011

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?


Camera/Filming: To start off I used a Canon HF M306 HD camcorder, this proved to be a handy piece of equipment, not only producing high quality picture in HD, but being light, easy to handle, and a long lasting battery. This producing quite a enjoyable time playing and filming, however a few problems such as holding the camera still, but were soon solved with the trusty tripod, but it can also cause problems such as moving shots the tripod felt rather stiff and gave a slight jolts whilst filming. The transferring onto the computer was also quick and easy, due to the SD card in the camcorder. The camcorder also gave me the freedom to get great quality images with the ability to edit and delete the scenes there and then on the touch screen pad.


Editing: I used the software Imovie for pretty much all my editing work, being a first time user, I found it quite complicated, however it guides you too many help and aid videos of various websites like you tube. So finally after getting the hang of it, I quite enjoyed the editing software, it seemed very user friendly and not that complicated for first time users. I could only find a few faults about the software in my opinion, it did not let you cut and choose the exact points of the music you wanted, it however gave you the awkward option of only being able to move the start and finish, which made it very time consuming to use and match with the visuals, it actually made me change my music opening making the music start off to soon with no real build up. I was not happy with this, but overall it is a good editing software, and I would most probably use it again in the future.



Research: Websites such as You tube gave great options for help or any unanswered questions, for example, there were many step by step videos showing you how to use imovie, as it was my first time using that software. You tube not only helped me in answering my questions, it gave me the opportunity to watch other peoples videos and get advice off more experienced people. There were many occasions were this website had helped me when stuck and not sure what to do whilst editing.


 Facebook/Blogger/Sound Cloud: All three of this websites helped in various ways,


for example I spent hours and hours searching for songs on random websites, then I came across Sound Cloud, it provided the perfect conditions for what I needed, free, copyright free, and available to re-use and modification. All of which I needed for my movie, now all I needed to do was find a song. With the extremely user friendly website I was able to browse and play many songs, finally I found a song and it even gave me the option to email the person or contact him on websites like facebook, you tube or twitter. In fact I used the websites actual mail service, I am still using this website for music browsing and to this day I still love it.


Then Blogger, it provided a perfect layout for all my work to be stored and linked to the "The Spider" and all of my class mates blogs. It was very user friendly and there were many links on you tube for help and advice for making a good working blog. I especially like the ability to pretty much design this blog from almost scratch with the help of various template. This enabled me personally to feel closer to the website as it was made to suit me and what I want it to look like.



Then Facebook, it provided me with some decent feedback from my friends and family about my movie, it also gave me the ability to talk to some artists which songs I liked, however I did not take advantage of that ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment